Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer ۞in Arizona! (#11), 1 by MissJestr

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MissJestr

In reply to: Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer ۞in Arizona! (#11)

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer &#1758;in Arizona! (#11)
MissJestr wrote:
*****************************Sunday February 15th, 2009*********************************

I woke up to the sound of snoring… Poor Lingernot was pretty tuckered out from yesterday and the creation of the quiet garden that he fell asleep shortly after supper..

I got up, put the coffee on and went outside to feed the critters. I figured I would let him sleep as we were going to be working with the horses today.

I own 3 horses myself, Miss Gracie a 12 year old pali rescue I have had for 4 years. We turned our first barrels a year ago, and until her injury a few months ago, she was being used by a friend’s daughter for the Gymkana series. Miss Chyanne, a 4 ½ year old BLM Mustang that my son Gene bought me last year for Valentines Day. Billy claimed her, and after working with her I rode her in her first Gymkana last August. Billy started this gymkana series on her last October. They have become great friends. Thund’r is a 3 year old gelding out of my first horse. She is gone, but a part of her lives on. I am starting him under the saddle, and sadly Lingernot did not get a chance to try it as he is still full of piss and vinegar. I will get him on Thund’r before he leaves.

I went back in the house to feed the indoor critters, dogs, cats and the baby chickens and to enjoy a cup of coffee before starting my day. As I sat down with my coffee, I heard a snort and Lingernot rolled over and jumped out of his bed.. “Am I late?” he muttered, “No you are not Lingernot, I thought you might need the rest. Sit down and enjoy a cup of Gnome tea while I tell you what we have in store for us today”.

“I need to get Miss Gracie ready to ride tomorrow for the roping, she has not been rode in 3 months. I am also taking Chyanne to get her use to being around cattle, so we will need to work with her as well.” “Wonderful” Lingernot said “I am looking forward to horse back riding.

Here is Lingernot riding Miss Gracie.