Hibiscus: Cuttin back my hibbies today., 1 by Pizonne01

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pizonne01

Subject: Cuttin back my hibbies today.

Forum: Hibiscus

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cuttin back my hibbies today.
Pizonne01 wrote:
Cutting everything back and cleaning the mess up today. On the bright side I did get a few of pics i thought were worthy of posting. I have added a few others from the past that I have lost and will really miss but I've decided not to replace them and downsize quite a bit. Now i will just have to choose what I want to keep and what I want to let go :-(( It's gonna be hard because they are all so beautiful and I've worked so hard on them. I may keep about 50 or so. I am sure more but thats my target (LOL) How do I do this???? I had almost hoped some would have died over the winter and it would be eaiser but It did not seem to happen that way, they just went dormant. FYI everything on their own roots have survived. I did loose a few grafted but not enough to make a difference. As for me, here it seems that own root hibbies will take a winter if you have to leave them out much better than grafted. I did not protect any of them but I did make sure they were consistantly being watered on the drip. PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME UNLESS YOU JUST HAVE TOO. Some look great and some are leafless shrubs!!! Anyway 1st up is:

Chartruse Rose

This message was edited Feb 9, 2009 10:02 PM

This message was edited Feb 10, 2009 4:36 AM