Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 28, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 28

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 28
77sunset wrote:
Hello Everyone. Thank you for your concern and for taking the time to contact us. Hubby was amazed that people I have never met would take the time to contact us. I told him, that the people on DG are much nicer than some people we have met.
It was a long night as the phone was going and the pager was going . Hubby was called down to the HQ twice after he finally got home . He had to go down and get a generator out for use at the fire. . He just got into bed and was called out again. Poor thing , he was up at 6.30am with more phone calls.
The fire was a fair way from us but with the wind could have gone a long way. Only a wind change did save the town of Coleraine from a lot of damage. Plus a water bomber was a great help.
Our fires are usually in more open country. Although there is a lot of forest and hilly areas, we are a lot better off than the fires that get into the mountain areas.
My sympathies go out to all those who have lost loved ones in the other fires. Losing a home is terrible with all the memories contained but losing a loved one is devastating.
There is still lightning forecast which is a worry. The terrible thing is knowing that another human being can deliberately light a fire with the knowledge that it could kill.
I also feel for all the people at the top end of our country with all the floods. I hope all are safe.
It is certainly the land of contrasts. The morning is quite cool here and calm after the wild winds of yesterday.
It can be deceptive and the danger is still very real.
I will be looking around the garden today and giving thanks that it is there and that I can enjoy it.
I am going off again now as hubby needs some help with a few things . I usually answer the other phone while he is on the radio and our other line to CFA. He has to have me chasing him to make sure he stops to eat and drink. It is easy to lose track when he is on the phone trying to get relief crews . He is always thinking of the others not himself.
I will leave you with something nice to nibble on Strawberry Banana Muffins.
Thank you for being such caring friends.
Jean.