Tropical Zone Gardening: A Maui Reunion-sortakinda ot, 1 by Braveheartsmom

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Braveheartsmom

In reply to: A Maui Reunion-sortakinda ot

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A Maui Reunion-sortakinda ot
Braveheartsmom wrote:
Finally back on line after a few days of computer troubles - I have missed you guys!

Yep, we had a wonderful time at lunch even though it was pouring with rain and Carol and I did our switcheroo in the parking lot getting soaking wet. Carol gave me a whole box of goodies and a small Brug and Hoya for Mom, who was absolutely delighted that Carol remembered her. By the way, Carol - should I pot the hoya up for Mom, or leave it as is for the time being?

Kay, Carol is on the left of the pic, the weed in the middle is myself, and Lina is on the right...

I am posting a picture of the Mamey fruit for those of you who have never seen one before (like me!). It is supposed to taste somewhat like a cantelope - I will let you know when it is ripe, it's almost there and I can't wait to try it! Carol has some of the most unusual fruits in her garden, things I never even see for sale here on Maui...I put a soda can next to the fruit so that you can tell the size of this monster! Please excuse the painter's tape - I have to put a second coat of paint on my new kitchen window, so the tape is still up.