Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Favorite foliage fragrances... what an addiction!!!, 1 by violabird

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright violabird

In reply to: Favorite foliage fragrances... what an addiction!!!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Favorite foliage fragrances...  what an addiction!!!
violabird wrote:
Regarding the Cuban Oregano, I've been using it to underplants my brugs in containers--it seems to repel critters and insects, which I learned from a friend.

Don't forget about the Peanut-Butter Shrub (tree) the leaves smell just like Skippy when rubbed--this is a wonderful 3 season tree with scented butterfly attracting flowers and turquoise & red seed pods in fall.

My favorites are Lemon Balm - an easy annual that reseeds and has almost the look of salvias with a thicker, slightly furry leaves--I have no problem chewing those or throwing the leaves into tea.

And then there's Perrilla, from the oregano family--another easy reseeding annual as well, I love the spicy fragrance of this and cant wait to stroke it--anise or licorice scent with something more. Besides that, they make a great accent plant with their multi color leaves of green, bronze and purple.