Irises: labeling iris methods, 1 by Mainer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Mainer

In reply to: labeling iris methods

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of labeling iris methods
Mainer wrote:
Yup, one ran into my house, wrecked the well house, cracked the top of the well, wrecked our drain pipe and ate up the corn in the neighbors garden, broke the cement furniture in the other neighbors yard and we split up the meat as a compensation when the warden shot it. The female had cataracts and was blind. We had hoped to save her but the warden said she could not survive blind and that was why they were raiding the corn in the field. She nearly got hit by several cars when she was crossing the road so the warden took care of it.

The babies were well grown and so the warden moved them to a better area. We have a cattle fence up and repaired the horse pasture fence even though we do not own horses anymore to keep the moose out most of our living space. They may use the driveway to cross the road should they get in through the driveway.

Our appletrees in the orchard keep the deer happy but we fence in the veggie garden to keep the deer out of it.

We have bear, coyotes, no full wolves yet but my brother does raise and train half wolf, half huskies. Unless rabid, the coyotes seem to leave us alone most of the time. If they cause trouble people do shoot them.

The apple bombing is my fault but the most protected side for my irises is under the appletree on the east side where the sun gives me the longest season I can stretch for them. I actually had to cover up Baby Blessed with a plastic table cloth for she rebloomed in Oct which is way past frost time in my area.

As far as the snow, we get ice storms sometimes like this winter and if we get them before the snow lays down, well it gets heavy and causes bending, not to mention dead irises.

It was negative eleven degrees outside last night so thirty degrees feels warm today. Think I will show you my frozen apples that bomb my tags.