Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Unknown laurel stranded in time....., 1 by Spott

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Spott

Subject: Unknown laurel stranded in time.....

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Unknown laurel stranded in time.....
Spott wrote:
Ok, I'd really appreciate some input on this one because I can't seem to find anything worthwhile anywhere.
I bought a laurel (can't for the life of me remember the variety though) in May or June of 2008.
I've been keeping it in direct sunlight ever since (south window) and give it medium watering.
It looks very healthy, not one leaf has ever fallen off or died, no bug attacks, all is great..... except..... this thing has never ever shown any sign of growth at all.
It's been about 8 months now and it might as well be made of plastic because it hasn't done anything!!!
There are small buds everywhere along its small trunk but they don't move, don't change. Man, it's the same buds that have been there since I bought the plant in June last year.
What gives?
I think I need to find out about the growth cycle of this laurel..... if it has one, lol.
This is a pic I just took of it, it's 6 inches high..... as its always been.