Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 25, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 25

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 25
77sunset wrote:
Chrissy this is the little darling with the double shoots. I should have known it would not be a Y yet but when I saw the 2 shoots I was so excited. Not a great photo but there are definitely 2 shoots though when it started there was only the one set of cot. leaves.
I will leave it to do it's own thing. If it wants 2 trunks it can have them. It will be so great when it eventually flowers. I think the cold we have been having is holding up my larger ones from getting buds. There is no sign of a Y on any and no sign of buds on those from a Y cutting. Several are now around 4' tall.
You see, I need your sage advice when I don't stop to think.
The picture you put on is the Blue Fountain Bush. The flowers are quite small, about the size of a normal pea flower but are in such thick clusters that the branches hang right down and can even break with the weight of the rain on the blossom... The perfume drifts around everywhere. Now I know they will grow so easily, I will collect more seeds this year.
Steve, get rid of the possums before you have as Chrissy says, a large cleanup bill. They are so cute but so destructive.
If they decide they like your garden , you will have no flowers left either.
turned hot here now so all work outside can wait. Jean,