Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Northeast Gardening: Has the changing climate changed your growing habits?, 1 by ngam

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ngam

Subject: Has the changing climate changed your growing habits?

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Has the changing climate changed your growing habits?
ngam wrote:
So has your zone changed over the years? Do you try plants now that were too tender to take a chance on years ago? Do you need more drought tolerant plants now? We discussed this link some I think back when it first came out but not how it has effected your garden practices. Do you think they will have to change the zones soon again? I know I have gone from 6a to 6b here. Also we have been having a summer drought the last few years. This seems to be very localized to southeastern Ma. however. I take water requirements into account a lot more than I used to when picking a plant now. How will this effect the insect populations and growth of evergreens that like cooler temps? Some regions of the country have really seen a large change in temps and rainfall and strong storms. http://www.arborday.org/media/mapchanges.cfm click play to see the change put in motion.