Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Flowerpot Cafe 18, 1 by soilsandup

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright soilsandup

In reply to: Flowerpot Cafe 18

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowerpot Cafe 18
soilsandup wrote:
AND my famolares - the hi theres. I tried them on, and they are actually quite comfortable. Just for fun, I looked up some ads for them. Found one person asking for $170 for a pair that looks awfully lot like mine. Hmmmmm - for that price, maybe I can bear to part with them. LoL. But, it is a size 4, so may be hard to find a taker. Most of the other famolares were more in the $30-$50 range. A question for all you ladies my age or a little older - did they used refer to those shoes as wavefarers because of the wavy design on the soles??? In the song, boys of summer, I think there was a line about wavefarers, and I thought it was a reference to these shoes, but I can't find on the internet any mention of wavefarers. And speaking about generational interpretation of songs, in the last line of Sheryl Crow's "Soak up the sun", in which she sings, "I've got my 45 on so I can rock on", I told my kids that I thought she was referring to the 45 rpm records, but they thought it was 45 spf sunscreen.