Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Haunting the Gardening Blogs, 1 by sallyg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sallyg

In reply to: Haunting the Gardening Blogs

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Haunting the Gardening Blogs
sallyg wrote:
Favorite, gardener? hmm.Garden idea?
My new favorite color combination- purple/black with limey green . I kept going for this in 2008 and will still try to achieve perfection. Picture is Verbena bonariensis with foliage of Tropicanna gold.
I started pots out front that I thought had much promise- mix of golden creeping jenny, silver Plectranthus and black elephant ears. The EE's crapped out, I was fighting mites on them all summer. I'm going to try again with a blacjk coleus in place of the EE.

Favorite potted plant- For some reason, the one that makes me proud is my baby Plumeria even tho she's never bloomed. But I am pleased it grew so much this summer, and when the leaves looked so good even in the house thru November. (Sadly now its mite-city) But its pretty new to me so still novel.

Favorite non-growing thing in the garden- Different rocks and stones. I sorely need some decent "hard ware" in the garden, but am so cheap about buying anything.