Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 24, 1 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 24

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 24
ctmorris wrote:
Good morning everyone. As I told you earlier we were going to look at some cacti well here is my little trolley for me to plant out. I have some wonderful pics so will post a few just for the tea room but Brian will probably do the c&s site. We spent about 3 hours at the place. It was really eye opening.Some of the plants were huge. There was a golden ball cacti that I wouldn't be able to put my arms around. It's a shame that it wasn't still flowering. There were still flowers to come out on some of the other cacti. I was like a child in a lolly shop. The weather was a lot better yesterday and seems to be a nice day today. Don't want any more of that 42 degrees. That's cruel. I especially feel sorry for the animals that can't get out of it that's why I cool my birds and animals down' Steve, The galahs are pets. The first one I got because these people were giving it away because their little girl kept putting her fingers in the cage. The galah's name was Harry, and he talked, barked and purred but he turned out to be a she. The next one I got because I saw her in a pet shop window in a little tiny cage. She cost me $30 in about 1990 but I wasn't going to leave her there. The next one was hit by a car and had a really badly broken wing.I didn't think that he would survive, he did and I've had him since about 1993. The last one was picked up down at the lake with a broken wing by my son. He said some clowns were trying to run over her again. Mongerels. Anyway the 2 with bad wings mated and produced 2 offspring last year. I have no breeding boxes so they made their nest on the ground for everyone to see. Well I'd better get off here now and let someone else have a go. Hope it's cooler for everyone today. Colleen.