Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 24, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

Subject: TEA ROOM # 24

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 24
77sunset wrote:
My goodness, nearly a week into the New Year. I had to move us along again as i cannot do those long walks too often. Maybe a couple of mopeds at the corner for everyone to borrow ?
It is foggy here this morning which should mean a nice day. Yesterday was hot . It was not as hot as it gets in the summer , but I think with so much cold , when it gets warm , it feels twice as hot. The old bod cannot cope as quickly with the changes.
I spent the day getting rid of untidy plants and going mad with the new hedge clippers. Great fun. Cut, cut here . cut ,cut there. The plants see me coming and duck now. I can go along the pathways and just chop my way along. I must admit they were getting a bit overgrown. I like overgrown but not too much.
I also spent a great part of the day doing the begonia house up. I could not get in easily so moved a few things.
My large dendrobium has finally gone outside near the green house. It can chat with the Angels there.
I moved a few begonias and added some rocks . It now looks less like a snake paradise. Today , I will clean up the mess I made chopping madly. i usually take all the bits down the back and scatter around where I can't see them. It amazing what grows down there from the bits.. There is a nice patch of succulent s growing happily with no water there. Lots of marigolds and Honesty too.
I have a space from the removal of a large wallflower. I will plant one of my seedling white Brooms there. Should look good.
Hello to all and I had better get over and put up the sign post in case anyone gets lost . Have a great day Jean.