Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 22, 1 by Awchid

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Awchid

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 22

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 22
Awchid wrote:
Thanks Brian, You have come up with the same good ideas that I would have had , The tree is about 40yrs old and is smack in the middle of my little back lawn. it is a nice shade tree, is good for hanging my plants from and is good for putting plants under in their pots.. The fruit is ripe when the skin and flesh is yellow and is Very juicy. there is a red fleshed and red skin version the same but the red has a nicer flavour this is almost nice but rather too bland. I have been told it makes nice apricot jam by the neighbor, I guess bthe colour would be right.. I think summer pruning is the way to go as the growth will be soft enough to use secateurs.. I only have good use of my left arm and
both wrists are shot and right shoulder is a tin one, well actually titanium but it still don't work.. Your idea of grafting on to it is a good one
I have a George Wilson plum that I love and it is sitting in a black rubbish bag trying not to die, I had no where to put it so was going to get shot of it. Reluctantly. Now I think I will find somewhere that I could peg it down, and find a nice one to graft onto the yellow one..
Thanx You were a real help..