Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 22, 1 by Awchid

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Awchid

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 22

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 22
Awchid wrote:
Hi everyone, it is nice to see that everyone has recovered from their New Year celebrations and are back doing the things they like doing best.. The weather here has been very hot and exhausting, but last night we had a nice drop of rain, of course it was ver humid today
after that.. I have done a few potting jobs that have been waiting some time. When plants start flowering in the nursery bags when they are long past their repotting date I tend to start feeling a bit guilty and then have to persuade myself to get on with it...Yesterday I spent all day weilding the spade to clear some horrible weeds infesting my driveway. I had tried spraying them and it only partially worked.. Was
absolutely wiped out after that. Only had enough energy left to take a few photos.. Of my flowering Angel...
I have had 4 plums off my yellow plum, tree. That was more than enough I still think they are Yuk totally tasteless. The birds have had the rest, not many as I had the top taken off the tree. Has anyone got some easy ideas for keeping the tree at its present height that I can manage. The only idea I have is to get up a ladder and cut all the new growth back by 2/3rd's. Me and ladders are a thing of the past but
I don't want it getting out of hand again. n Also it's too hard to clean up all the plums the birds send to the ground... Brian you must have some good ideas, please.. For a decrepit not too old bird, that used to cut scrub in her day and now can't even lift a slasher or an axe
or even start a chainsaw..
Sue nice stapelia flower, One of my new ones has about 10 buds on it and a few of the others look to be making a start.. Is there something I can give them to toughen up the growth a bit because the softer ones break apart too easily..
FRangi babies are getting their second set of true leaves so I suppose I will have to start getting them potted up.. Only 6 Adenium seeds have come up so I'm not going to expect anymore. The new Adenium plant I bought is getting 2 new growths where the person chopped off the top and some new branch shoots at the top of the caudex which is interesting as I can't see where any have been removed before
so this is new for this plant.. I must be doing something right.. It is quite nice to be growing something that I haven't a clue about as everything they do is a nice surprise..and I really do have to look after them....
Keep to the shade.. I did read all the posts, very interesting too. What is the donut like to peel, the rest look yummy..
Lesley