Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 22, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 22

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 22
77sunset wrote:
Good morning all.
It is a good morning so far. The sun is out but it is a little cool as yet. supposed to get very warm.
I am going to tackle the begonia house today. It was the first structure we put up. Originally for the orchids , when they decided to sulk, I planted some cane begonias and a couple of ferns, they love it there. I have the Dracunculus in there too . Now that I have taken the tree fern down to the fern house, there is room to move. This shadehouse is only 10' x 7', so is nowhere near as big as the others.
I am going to rearrange the begonias and move the Dracunculus to give it more room to move.
I have some other Aroids in there in pots, plus a Hoya and a Monsteria that I grew from a peice of stem. In the corner is my large Dendrobium delicatum that has to come out. It can go and live in one of the greenhouses, I think.
Chrissy, I have nasturtium seeds everywhere. I just leave them where they fall so there are 100s. The old fashioned rambling one in orange and yellow
I can give you some in with your Honesty seeds. My nasturtiums grow all over the bottom end of the paddock garden and under the willow tree where nothing much else does. They cover a very large area and even when they die off, I leave the plants there to mulch the ground.
Hello Colleen and Helen,
Kat , I was different to you when my girls left home.We were still in Geraldton, WA. One left to live in Perth to go to school and she lived with a lovely lady there. One moved in with friends to share a house and the youngest moved in with boyfriend , now husband . I was glad of the peace and quiet.
I never watched. 'chick flicks' . I was more likely to be found watching things like 'Chainsaw Massacre' with my sons. They are most like me in their tastes of movies.
I haven't changed my tastes much since then either, although, Sci Fi is my first choice.
Hello Steve,, nice to know you are getting your education on the nasty plants. We learnt at school all about the 'helpful' plants imported here. It looks like a nice area for your new garden.
Hello Lee, you sound like you are going to have a very busy spring planting all those plants. It will be a colorful yard.
Marleneann, I like your Stingray plant, aptly named.
No, you cannot be banned from the Tea Room. I like to see all your faces in here. You can eat all the cake you want. My cakes will not make you fat, I promise.
Lesley. where are you ? Noone is cleaning up the crumbs. I actually had a piece of cake leftover..
Hello Dalfyre and Mya. .
I think Stake is out chasing down those lovely cacti from the link Chrissy put up.
Better put some food out , I hear knocking, Probably Kat looking for breakfast.
Have a happy day. Enjoy this and don't say, I haven't given you fruit.
Blackberry Rhubarb Crisp.
Jean.