Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 22, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 22

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 22
77sunset wrote:
Chrissy, I will save you some seeds. They are just drying off now and some of the seed pods are a lovely pinky color. Probably due to the cold we have had.
I remember that song about the lavender .
Colleen , I had not seen green lavender either but we were out one day in the bush and there was a deserted house there. Well , I had to look didn't I ?
The lavender was thriving with no water so I relocated a part of the plant. I now have 3 and they do grow larger than the usual ones. I did read that it was the original one that a lot of modern ones came from. It is pretty in the garden.
i did move one once as it grew quite large ( about 1m tall x 1 1/2 m wide.) After I moved it a small one came up from a bit of root i must have left. That's the one in the photo.
Chrissy when I said small, I meant that your Zantes were not as high as the others but they are at least 18" at the moment and still growing. I have them in a large pot in the fern house.
i looked at that link to the cacti. I can see the dust from Stake running off to bring them all home. aren't they just great ?
Makes one want to start a cacti garden but I don;t have any room . I always avoid those giant ones as like you, I think they may fall on one.
Better get off and let hubby have his turn. I am going out to say goodnight to the angels.
Jean.