Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 22, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 22

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 22
77sunset wrote:
Back inside for lunch. I remembered the time today.
Lee , the seeds are of the Cootamundra wattle. one of our loveliest ones.
yes, Stake , I did pour boiling water over the seeds and am going to plant when I finish on here. I was going to burn them but used Chrissy's suggestion instead.
I no longer have a stove. . When the element went, it was not worth the money to fix it as I do all our cooking either in the microwave or with the George Foreman appliances. I have the large griller and the large roaster. this covers all our needs and uses less power too.
I will add that it is also a lot healthier as all fat runs off. I even did our Christmas turkey in the roaster. All our vegies are steamed in the microwave. How did we live before modern appliances ?
i will try and save fruit from the birds to put in the Tea Room but anyone with any spare can leave it on the table. to share. I do love my fruit but it is becoming very dear to buy and I am afraid we are past the stage of waiting for new trees to fruit . The birds would get in first anyway. I love bananas but I don't think they would like it here though. That's if one could buy any plants. I have never seen any on sale and on eBay the price forthe few I did see was amazing.
I know there are some growing around Melbourne as a neighbor of my aunt had one for as long as I can remember.
Better get out and plant these seeds . The day did warm up but the sun has gone. At least the wind has gone too.
Have a great rest of the day.
The latest Daylily.
Jean.