Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 22, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 22

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 22
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everybody. The sun is shining.!!! It may be a warmer day. We are forecast to get up to around 28C over the weekend. But as usual , as soon as it warms up, a change arrives and out come the jumpers again. I suppose by June , we may have summer. Did the world turn upside down when I wasn't looking ?
I have those Cootamundra seeds soaking Chrissy. I will plant today and hope for little ones. I want to plant them all around the fenceline.
I must get out later and dead head the roses. They have grown quite tall this year , so out with the hedge clippers. sorry to all the traditional pruners, but I just chop, then tidy up the ends later. a lot easier than wading into the thorns with secateurs.
I will only be taking off the tops which will mean lots of nice blooms later in autumn.
I am still watching my Zantedeschias. The flowers are starting to open. I bought them as marked colors but from the look of one I can see, the flower will be a very dark red/ purple not lilac.
Chrissy , yours are doing well but may not flower this year as they are a lot smaller than the others which were large mature bulbs.
i must make a confession too. while I am here. I had a granny moment and lost my list of who asked me for things. If I have promised to send seeds or bits to anyone please D-mail me and I will get them done. I know someone wanted Honesty seeds and I think Valerian. I will make a note when you tell me and pin it to the wall right here next to computer where I will not lose it. I have seeds of the Honesty and some of the Opium Poppies. The wallflowers are taking a while to dry off.
Those peaches do look yummy. Perhaps I should serve fruit in here instead of cakes Ha Ha ,
I can here you all crying now , you sweet tooths out there.
Don't worry Marleneann and Lesley and Kat, I will keep the cakes on.
Hello helen, wine o'clock ? Have you been talking to Steve and Stake ?
Mya you must have some lovely plants there.
Where is Kat, I hope the neighbor hasn't thrown here down in the gully.
Maybe the turkeys have carried her off.
Hello Lee, are you still huddled under your blankets ?
I am doing the domestic thing again and getting the washing done before I disappear into the garden.
Once out there I lose track of time . Yesterday, I finished some chopping and when I looked at my watch it was past 12. poor hubby was waiting for his lunch.
Better put out something nice and move myself.
Chocolate Meringue Cake. Only one piece each now.
Happy gardening, Jean.