Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 22, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 22

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 22
weed_woman wrote:
I'm glad no one took any offense at my comments.
Stake, I love good old Charlie carp and Eco-fish! You're right about exotic imports too. Some have poroved to be great assets to us, while others are dead-set nightmares!
Hi Colleen. I thought it was too much of a coincidence to have two people from the one area that appeared around the same time. Well, we won't hold it, (Stake being your brother) against you! LOL
Helen, you took the picture yes? How long ago, and thats in Thailand right? I would love to see some truelly exotic and tropical plants. the closest I've been is to the Botanical Gardens in Cairns, where there were alot of gingers and heliconia's. Mmmmmm. I loved it!
Chrissy, I don't mean to pick on your lovely plants! LOL. If not for my job, I would not know half of what I know about plants, so am thankful for the education, weeds and all (No, Not Margaret) And I have Easter Daisies, (which Jean warned me about) and am weeding them out everywhere! I have of course left in some for flowers in April. LOL
Steve, I had to oppose just to keep the opinions balanced! He,he. My friend in Kingswood has a beautiful large Camphor in her back yard, and is in the same dilema! This Year, she has decided it has to go, as the leaf litter fills the gutters, smothers the lawn, and nothing will grow around it. Also the roots have lifted the paving and one corner of her shed. I suggested she get a mobile miller and get some slabs cut from it! Imagine the furniture she could have, and the smell would be heavenly.
I also had a customer who had one cut down and mulched. The mulch killed almost everything in the garden, as it was used around all the beds, against my good advice! So word of warning, do not use camphor wood mulch in areas you want plants to grow!
On the other topic, Morton Bay Figs! I love them! Unfortunatelt too big, even for our acres, and apparently have a habit of dropping limbs. Hasn't that been an issue in Hyde park, Sydney? Bummer.
Jean, did I read right? Are you extending the Epi house again? Waa hoo! I must tell hubby, 'cause I have to keep up with you! (I'll go measure up now)
The garden centres here have adopted a new attitude, whereby they won't seel anything remotely weedy, but will offer an alternative, usually native, that will do the same thing, i.e. Screen, hedge, colour, hieght. Its great, because I know it will make my job easier in the future, in fact, I wish it would make my job obsolete! I'm not looking forward to going back to work next week, especially if this heat keeps up!
Thanks for the Lemon frosted cake too, it went well with my coffee. Marleneanne and Lesley will have to be quick if they want some, as I saw Lee stuffing his mouth full just moments ago!
We are thinking of heading down to the jetty for the carnival tonight, and they have fireworks at 9pm and 12am. If not there, we will be having a barbie at home and getting merry! (The fun part) But I will have to be careful not to drink too much, as a headache will make oiling the veranda even harder.
O.K, whats our next topic of discussion?
Sue
part of garden yesterday

Hi Mya, I took ages to post, and while doing so you got in before me. Lovely pictures. What are you doing to celebrate New Years?

This message was edited Dec 31, 2008 11:10 AM