Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Hey all 2, 1 by gardener105

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gardener105

In reply to: Hey all 2

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hey all 2
gardener105 wrote:
Steve, thank you for the info. I don't feed my dogs a raw diet, just the bones I get when I pick up OUR meat that we had butchered. And yes, it is OUR beef. We have been using the same meat packing co. for about 17 yrs and I trust them fully. I do however feed all natural diets to my dogs and cats. I have found the cats don't vomit everytime they eat the canned food like they used to with a national brand. I think the reason they vomited with the natural is maybe I fed them too much and they were purging, so I have cut back on it. Instead of getting 1/6 of a can (6oz) each as I would split the can in half and feed the 3 cats, now I cut it in 3rd's and they get approx. a tablespoon plus they have free choice dry (Kirkland's Premium Maintenance). I gradually switch the dry dog food from Kirkland's Chicken, Rice and Veg. to Kirkland's Lamb, Rice and Veg about every 3 months and viceversa. They get about 1/4 of a cup of canned with their dry mixed with hot water and I mix it with my hands. DH used to do that with the dogs in the Army when he was stationed in Okinawa during the Vietnam war. He was a Dog Handler and said with as many dogs as they had to feed it was easier just to mix it with their hands. He said those dogs got only the best horsemeat and dry food the Army could buy. I thought he was crazy to mix it that way and refused to do so for many yrs until we acquired Moose (yellow) and Brute last Christmas as a present from DD, SIL and GK's as 12 wk old pups. DH told me that one of his female co-workers at the hospital always mixes her dogs food with her hands. She says that it creates a stronger bond with a new addition or in our case additions, and I think she's right.
This pic was taken when they were 8 mons old. They turned a yr old the 29th of Sept (my dad's bday too). They are my constant companions and were terribly confused while I was in the hospital. All is well now and we're all getting back to normal (whatever that is)! LOL!
Susan