Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: The nice thing about being a Great dane -, 1 by fleurone

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fleurone

In reply to: The nice thing about being a Great dane -

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The nice thing about being a Great dane -
fleurone wrote:
Hi all sorry I hadn't been back to this thread before , I just couldn't .
My Gypsy was pts on Dec 3rd.
I used to foster dogs and had her originally as a rescue/foster she was emaciated, had numerous wounds, lacerations all over her body and feet.She had been beaten around the head so had limited vision on one side. Of all the ones I had fostered and adopted out , Gypsy spoke to me like no other she was my heart dog so I adopted her.Even after all the trauma she had been through she was such a gentle, loving soul.She became ill , deterioration was pretty quick :( and luckily ( in one way ) my next door neighbor is a vet. I called him and he came out from his practice

Gypsy was 10 years old and he diagnosed cancer of the spleen and also internal heamoraghing (sp) , extremely elevated heart rate etc. He did say he could operate and try but chances were very, very slim. I said no , I am not going to put her through that, ( surgery, being away from home etc ) she has been through enough.
This last year I went away for two weeks and she wouldn't eat etc.
So I held her and she slipped gently away.
RIP Gypsy.

The picture , not very good is on the day I received her

This message was edited Dec 25, 2008 12:08 AM