Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Hey all 2, 1 by gardener105

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gardener105

In reply to: Hey all 2

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hey all 2
gardener105 wrote:
Good morning everyone. I hope all is well with you good people. I have been reading all of your posts and you're all sooooo funny and delightful. I wish I could have been here to post as well but had a bit of a setback a week ago today as I had to have emergency abdominal surgery. Turns out my colon fell away from my abdomen and twisted. The Dr said it was very rare especially with someone as healthy as me. Anyway, to make a long story (and week) short, I'm fine now and back home to enjoy ALL of the snow and Christmas with DH and all of my furbabies. It's snowing here now and we're supposed to get between 7" and 15" of snow between now and tomorrow night. My DH is working tomorrow, but that's ok, he works at the hospital and will get off at 2:30. Here's my sheep in the snow Bilbo (left) and Frodo by the cistern, you can't see him very wel behind the shrub.
Steve, I hope you have a safe flight and will be with your family soon. I have a question, our DD works for a Vet in Vancouver, WA and they had a dog come in that was so impacted from eating beef bones that they had to do surgery to remove the impaction. My question is, have you ever heard of anything like that? DD said that the Vet that she works for said to NEVER feed your dog beef bones (even raw ones), is that also true? I have always fed my dogs raw frozen beef bones from the butcher shop when we have our steers butchered and have never had any problems. What's your view on this? Thank you.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Susan
( '..' )

This message was edited Dec 24, 2008 10:19 AM