Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: It's the season to be jolly... so there's no... without..., 1 by lourspolaire

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lourspolaire

In reply to: It's the season to be jolly... so there's no... without...

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of It's the season to be jolly... so there's no... without...
lourspolaire wrote:
Fascinating reading. I will throw my 2 cents worth probably tonight when we return from dinner. Tonight is pizza night at a local pizzeria because this bear has been on the run all week and no cooking will take place here.

That will give me time to think of something specific to our french canadian family at Christmas. Please be patient for that.

In the mean time, here is a Christmas tradition I started in 2001. We were spending our first Christmas at our newly purchased Florida condo. We were quite excited.

The only Christmas decoration the Home Owner's Association would tolerate is a wreath on the door. Nothing hanging in the windows, whreath and that's it. The condo comandos were quite active there. They still are.

So, I went out and saw wreaths that started at $80 and went up in price. No way was I going to pay that for a wreath. I returned home and found a large coat hanger such as those as you use for fur coats. I went to the dollar store and bought 3 packages of plastic pine wreath, a few decorations and a roll of twist ties. I brought all that home and started to make a circle out of the fur coat hanger. Gail asked me what I was doing and I answered a wreath. She thought I had gone crazy but she let me at my crafting.

In about an hour, I had a gorgeous wreath to hang at my door. Every year afterwards, I have purchased something to add to the wreath, always from the dollar store. One year, I added lights. This year's addition consisted of 20 little gold drum ornaments that cost me, you guessed it: $1.00.

Who knows what will be added next year or where I will find place to hang it on the wreath. Everything is wired to the wreath using twist ties so it doesn't come apart when it is stored.

I'll see you all a bit later.
Sylvain.

Edited because I can't make a complete sentence or type to save my life. Sorry about that.

This message was edited Dec 18, 2008 5:42 PM