Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Trading eggs? er plants, seed etc for hatcher eggs?, 1 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: Trading eggs? er plants, seed etc for hatcher eggs?

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Trading eggs?  er plants, seed etc for hatcher eggs?
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Hi Guys, yes that was my Buff boy before the heat got him, but i have some nice girls that I would love to get another buff roo for!

A friend of mine lives in the city and so she cannot keep roos. I usually take in her overruns. She gets a multitude of different kinds. Between her and my birds last year we got up to close to 200 birds. We had Ameracuanas, white orps, Black australorps, cuckoo marans, blue orps, leghorns, silver spangled hams, delawares, a multitude of EE's and some of the smaller breeds....she gets some pretty rare stock and most of hers are show quality. I usually have her incubate for me.

I am down to around 14 birds now and that is more than plenty for the winter. Watering is such a pain in the keester.

I never could figure that city ordinace thing out about the roos....heck, if you hear my hens when they were laying, they would put the call of a rooster to shame!

Well any ta who....When I toss my hat into the egg swap ring here later it will be me offering EE eggs since the roo we have is a black and gold easter egger.

bb