Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Orange Jasmine question, 1 by fauna4flora

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fauna4flora

In reply to: Orange Jasmine question

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Orange Jasmine question
fauna4flora wrote:
You're too much! What's your opinion of Catahoula Leopard Hounds? (Old picture) Jed is a hoot- lots of energy. Major jumper. Great frisbee dog.

BTW, if we are talking tetranychid spider mites (the web spinning kind like you mentioned), the lifecycle under "ideal" conditions is 3 days, which means spray, well, often. I know growers who have wrestled with spider mites their whole life. I saw an article today contradicting years of "documented" traditional best spray application. Oh well. All I can say is that I have a personal story in my professional career in which I handily killed the bastards-for good. Coverage is key. When it has webbing, take the plant outside and take a hose to it every which way. THEN, take it aside and do the nasty with the neem. And if you are going to spray- spray the heck out of it. Topside, underside, inside, outside, let it drip! You might just get away with one really good effective spray if you get the best possible coverage.

As far as the pictures when you are documenting plant maladies, take close ups, overall- all of it is useful. Pretend it's your grandbaby! Seriously, you and Green76thumb did awesome. ~ F4F