Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: clematis in pot, 1 by SunshineSue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SunshineSue

In reply to: clematis in pot

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of clematis in pot
SunshineSue wrote:
I actually have a bit of a "pot fetish"!! I love beautiful pots! I try to get all of mine when on sale at the end of the season or beat em' down for pots that are slightly damaged!!! A chip here or there doesn't bother me. One of my best buys is a wonderful stone urn which I bought at a country moving sale. It was full of soil & dead plants & the gentleman who was running the sale, emptied it out for me to bring home! Weighed a ton, but well worth the struggle for a mere $10.00 plus I can leave it outside, in place all year round no matter the weather. I've used everything from baskets to wood to stone to cast iron to plastic as containers. I even considered using my grandson's small, plastic training potty to add a bit of humor!!
I would love to try to make a Hypertufa pot. Everytime I hear the recipe on a gardening show, I write it down & then I can't find it when the time comes!! I've heard that these are particularily good for small Alpines such as Hens & Chicks & such or small cactus.
I really enjoy container gardening & trying different combinations of plants each year. I've found that you can make some very attractive, interesting little scenes with containers at different heights.
The chair in this pic that I've posted actually came out of someones garbage!! I admit it....I'm a "dumpster diver"!!! Brought it home, spray painted it a terra cotta color & am quite pleased with the results. Recycling at it's finest!!
Great to get so many ideas here on new things to try. Thanks all!!!