Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Flowers in the garden #3, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Flowers in the garden #3

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowers in the garden #3
weed_woman wrote:
I don't know about whistling, but theres usually a bit of swearing, (startled by bugs or lizards or worse) the odd groan, an ouch or two and a sigh! LOL
It rained again today, so no work. I'm so happy! Instead I went around the garden and pulled the mulch back from the palms, mango and heliconias, and fertilised with manure pellets. I left the mulch off for a few hours to let the rain do it's work, then scraped it all back and topped it up.
Also, my rose arch had rusted and in the strong winds last week, developed a lean and had broken in a few places, so I went to town, bought some 'D' bar (2 metres long) and banged it in the ground. then I slid poly tube over it and used the connectors to add bits as cross sections, then tied the rose to it, and cut away the old arch (although I left the top still on for extra support) It seems to have worked, but on a really hot day, there is the possibility of the poly tube sagging with the heat! LOL.
The sun shone briefly late this arvie, but more rain is expected until the end of the week. How sad! LOL
Sue