Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Campsis Grandiflora cuttings help please!, 1 by jules_jewel

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jules_jewel

In reply to: Campsis Grandiflora cuttings help please!

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Campsis Grandiflora cuttings help please!
jules_jewel wrote:
Oh, you know ... I couldn't tell you where I got the information from anymore ... lol. I have accumulated it for the past 10 years. I found the info first in old gardening books from the library and then the internet when I did a search for 'epsom salts plants' and other variations. The very first time I tried it (10 years ago), I put it around my roses and then around my pepper plants ... and man, I was so impressed! They went nuts. I have since read that the epsom salts only work on soil that is deficient in magnesium. Well, maybe ... but these trumpet vine cuttings have only been in premium potting soil since I rooted them, and I have been fertilizing them with the Miracle Gro and Epsom Salt mixture.

OK, to share with you what I have done, mix: 1 Tablespoon Epsom Salt & 1 Tablespoon Miracle Grow in 1 gallon of water. I tried to feed this to my potential flowering plants approx. once every week, or 2 weeks (depending on how much they had to be watered. Remember ... the more you water ... the more the fertilizer leaches out of the soil). Hopefully, this works for you ... I think it will. ;~)