Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Compare Greenhouse kits, 1 by Texasgrower

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Texasgrower

In reply to: Compare Greenhouse kits

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Compare Greenhouse kits
Texasgrower wrote:
I bought a 6x8 Easy2Build greenhouse off of e-bay. It has an aluminum frame and thick poly plastic. It sits on a frame made from 4x4x8 treated lumber bolted and set in concrete. The aluminum sits on cedar screwed into the 4x4s. I use a Mr. Heater Buddy propane heater connected to a 20lb propane tank. It has worked like a champ. I didn't caulk everything and make it air tight because the Mr. Heater needs some fresh air to keep it on. The small gap between the frame and wood under the door allows enough fresh air to keep the heater on. It heats up quickly when the sun comes out even when it's in the 30's. I also use small Christmas lights for added warmth around the soil with and without the heater. It's my first gh and I'm very pleased with it.

I have outgrown it though and have plans to turn an old shed into another greenhouse in the spring for the BIG plants. My 6x8 was only $300.00 including shipping. It isn't real big or very pretty but it keeps my plants protected.