Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Flowers in the garden #3, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Flowers in the garden #3

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowers in the garden #3
weed_woman wrote:
Hi Candee and Terri, no, the roses don't smell, boooooo!
The hail isn't near us, but we did have some the same size about a month ago, which left alot of my broms in tatters, but luckily not the favourite ones! They'll all recover, at least the pups will!
Its still raining here, so no work tomorrow by the look of it. I'm not even going to set my alarm, which won't make a jot of difference because my eyes always pop open around 5.30am these days! I might be lucky and get a sleep in till 7 if it stays dark and cloudy.
I'm a fair weather gardener too terri, but I might spread some manure pellets tomorrow, as the dogs won't go foraging in the rain, and hopefully it will wash the smell away and the fert will go into the soil. I haven't done it for so long, but used to do it every time it rained. It makes a huge difference to the garden.
The weeds are really taking off now, and I can't see where I weeded 2 days ago for all the new weeds! It can be very disheartening. On a good note, the grass is as green as green! It looks so lush! I should get a cow! LOL
I'll take some more pics when the sun comes back out, as all the flowers are looking a bit mushy now. I expect there will be quite a bit of fungal growth on any cool climate plants after all this, but thats the joys of sub tropical gardening. I've learned to live with it.
Catch you tomorrow no doubt!
Sue
This is an Aechmea fasciata 'Purpurea' bloom. The ants are busy pollinating everything in the shade house, so i will be looking for seeds in a few months time. I won't know what I'll be getting!