Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Leaf raking thoughts, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Leaf raking thoughts

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Leaf raking thoughts
Gitagal wrote:
NOW! You are all making me want to go and dig holes (if I can get a shovel in the ground...) and bury all my veggie scraps. I fill up a large, plastic container about twice a week.

Sally, your article was great! That's what i like about your writing--it always has the touch of 'tongue in cheek"--a bit of humor....but, seriously--I might just do that where i will plant my tomatoes next year. Still have 2 to pull up. My Sun Gold is finally DONE!

Question......If I dig stuff in now--and later on--with the cold weather, do you think it will still compost? Like--are the wormies still gallivanting around going--"OHHH, goody! Melon rinds!!!!" or do they retreat 8 feet down and snooze?

I just keep dumping everything in my worthless "Earth Machine" composter. Everything composts, all right--as it never seems to get full. GOD! There are more Pillbugs and fruit flies in there than you can imagine. And when I have dug some compost out--you should see the worms from Space!
The problem is getting the "good stuff" out! All it has is this little drawer in the front. Yeah, right!!! I need to disassemble the whole thing to get to anything in the bottom.....
Don't ever waste your money on this!

OK! I am off my soapbox! Gita

See that black thing on the left? That's IT!
Dig my shed! My Ex designed it and built it. All it needs is Snoopy on top....:o)