Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Help with Stephanotis floribunda (Madagascar Jasmine) please, 1 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Help with Stephanotis floribunda (Madagascar Jasmine) please

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help with Stephanotis floribunda (Madagascar Jasmine) please
plantladylin wrote:
Stephanotis do like direct sunlight and lots of it, to bloom. It shouldn't hurt putting it closer to the lights but I still don't think you are going to see much new growth until spring/summer when most plants wake up and start growing, it's just natural for plants to slow down this time of year.

This is a picture of my Stephanotis taken in spring 2007. It is a lot larger now, really put on a lot of growth during the past two summers. I'm getting ready to re-pot it into a larger pot because it is root bound and I need to put it on a new trellis. The trellis I was using was a tomato cage and it was very wobbly and lopsided because of the weight of the plant, so I spent about 1 1/2 hours the other day unwinding it from the tomato cage, now I just need to get out there and plant it up into it's new container!