Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #14, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #14

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #14
77sunset wrote:
Hello all. I'll try that with the oleanders Chrissy, but I don't think they like it here. I have seen them around in Hamilton and Portland. both towns not that far. I remember huge ones growing when I lived in Bright so cold doesn't worry them.
Quite a few easy to grow plants won't grow here so it may be the type of soil or the water which is terrible.
The weather is warming up slowly . I went out this morning to photograph my new iris and it wasn't there. looking around , I found bits of the flower and another that was just coming out, in bits on the ground.
I know the culprits. The ducks from the neighbours place. I am so mad. I have been waiting for that particular flower.
I did ask her once to keep them home but they still roam. I will ask again very nicely.
Ggggrrrrrrr.
Today looks like being warm so I will throw a bit of water at the pot plants. I have to have them looking nice for the market on Sunday.
I hope to sell all the small plants so I can make room for more.
Chrissy, the Angels that are now outside all the time , seem to be doing well. The cold nights don't bother them. It will be interesting to see how they handle the real cold next winter.
Had a quick look this morning and there are 2 Al. Mucha seeds up. Have to get more styrene cups for the babies.
Have to get out and fill the swimming pools for the birds. I call the bird baths swimming pools because that's what all the birds like doing in them.
The maggie babies are calling for breakfast so had better throw out some bread. The adults like the dry cat food. odd birds.
have a great day everyone. Jean.
Oatmeal Cookies