Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #14, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #14

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #14
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. Chrissy and Mya, I do envy you with the oleanders. I have given up on trying to get them to grow. I have seen them growing wild in old gardens with no care whatsoever and as I relly like them , I planted 5 here . All different colors . After over 6 years, I have 3 still here. You would laugh. One is in the original position and is 3' tall. It does have a few flowers but has never grown bigger. I got sick of the other 2 just sitting there so moved them to a more open place . They are about 18" tall and don't even look like growing any further. Ggrrrrrr. They hate me.
I refuse to give in and throw them out. They can sit there by themselves.
Mya your ginger flowers are unusual . I have seen them on TV before. I have a pink flowering one but don;t know what sort of flower it has as I only bought it as an orphan a while ago. It may get too cold here for it .
Dalfyre, can I have some of your rain ?
I will have to decide what I am going to water and what will have to do without as it is really dry here.
Chrissy, I just potted up some Angels this morning. The seeds are slow but it has been cold. So far , I have 2 from Genevieve x Rothkirch, 1 from DJ's Can Can x Adeline, 1 from Genevieve x Equador Pink, 1 from Joli x Angels Flight.
I also have potted out 5 Iochromas and have 5 more coming up.
I find the Iochromas are so much easier to grow as they grow quickly and flower without having to Y
I will remember you when they are big enough to chop bits off.
The colors will be interesting as I planted them all together because the seeds are very small.
Better go and get the hungry man some lunch.
Also Chrissy you would not reccognise the seedling you sent , he has grown well.
I do have another cake for Christmas so you can all enjoy this one
Here's one of my roses that survived the wind. . Bantry Bay on the achway