Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #14, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

Subject: TEA ROOM #14

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #14
77sunset wrote:
Well here we are moved again . Now everyone can see the Christmas lights and decorations along the street..
I will be out in the garden today tidying up. Things are starting to look drier as the perennials die off. The Alstomeria grew so tall it is falling over on everything else but it is very colorful. Now that my shrubs are also taller and doing well, it will be a bit greener during summer as the flowers give up in the sun.
I have a Christmas lily coming out soon but sadly, the larger ones in the shadehouse after going so well, have died of at the very tips. , so no lovely perfumed flowers.
I have a lot of different colored Zantedaschias coming up so they will color the place nicely.
yes Chrissy, your pink ones are coming up too. About 6 shoots in their pot.
I have lots of nastutiums everywhere. They self sow every year and fill those awful spots where nothing wants to grow. They are colorful and a job to clear up as they are so long. I now just clear the main bits from around any plants and paths then leave the dead plants for mulch. I noticed this year that in among the usual yellow and orange , there were a few burgundy flowers.
I di have a couple of the smaller non running ones up near the house last year , so it looks like the bees have been doing a bit of Chrissys crossing of colors.
Better put out something nice. As we are creeping up to Christmas, here is a lovely Christmas cake to enjoy.
Hope everyone had a great weekend
Jean