Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: BENEFITS OR AERATED COMPOST TEAS vs. CLASSIC TEAS, 1 by docgipe

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright docgipe

In reply to: BENEFITS OR AERATED COMPOST TEAS vs. CLASSIC TEAS

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BENEFITS OR AERATED COMPOST TEAS vs. CLASSIC TEAS
docgipe wrote:
I brew my tea in a forty gallon batch as brewed by the Bobolator shown on the site of North Country Organics. I deliver it to the property....all over the property using an $89.00 sump pump and a garden hose. My thumb over the end of the hose is my highly scientific method of making a spray. I spray to a heavy run off which is both foliar and drench all at the same time.
I also use buckets and various dippers or home made sprinkler to apply it to small beds and my potted plants.

In the early season and late fall season I make five gallon brews which mostly hit the fall garden preps and the innoculation of the new leaves and manures added to the compost piles.

My picture shows the Biti-Bobolator in a five gallon batch. Everything but the bucket was purchased by me from North Country Organics. They also have boosters and tea quality compost which I suggest you should use to innoculate your own patches and compost piles. After learning using the purchased your native compost should be as good as the purchased. You can then continue as long as you wish using your own compost.

If you or your better half are creative you can build the Biti Bobolator by looking at the web site and my picture. The use of fish tank bubble stones is no longer felt to be the best yet they will produce as described. The Bobolator design is easy to clean and that is a major factor not found in most other brewing equipment.