Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Lets talk Veggie Gardening, 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Lets talk Veggie Gardening

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Lets talk Veggie Gardening
HollyAnnS wrote:
Ric, Tried for years to get me to Veggie garden but with a job 4 kids and the animals there was never time. First he tried tilling and planting and tried to get me and the kids to weed. Then he tried tilling, planting and weeding and tried to get me to harvest. Then he tried tilling, planting, weeding, harvesting and tried to get me to can. Then he gave up. LOL
It's only been the last couple of years that I have taken an interest in the Veggie garden and we are both working on getting it cleaned up. In the past we would clean up a small area and grow a few pumpkins and gourds or make a nursery for a few plants. Last spring we had about 3/4 of it cleared out. We planted a few things but didn't do very well, with the ground hog eating the Sweet potatoes and the Squash bugs getting the pumpkins and gourds. We did get some tomatoes and peppers and a good bit of Asparagus but still didn't take the time to really care for the Veggie garden. But every year we are gaining on it and as we finish up the yard projects we should have more time for it. Here is a picture from last spring. You can see how bad it is around the edges.