Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: anger, 1 by Twincol

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Twincol

In reply to: anger

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of anger
Twincol wrote:
Hmmm, try this jcoakley. This is the patio from dead center, looking out from the deck/landing at the sliding door from my "garden room."

OK, that's it! No more. Thanks again for the encouragement. Linda

edited to add: The concrete pad within the surround of my pavers is 10ft X 10ft, to give you some perspective.

edited once again to add: BTW, hollyodlaren, I live in the Central Valley of California. The temps in the summertime are an average 97F 36C (90-105) with wintertime lows an average 38F 3C. We are actually a desert in the center of California with lots of water brought in by canals and rivers. Much of our water is used for agriculture, as California is one of the nation's top food producing centers of the country. Water availability, drinking and personal use, is always a problem, in that the aquifers are depleted and replenished over time by rain, which is probably less than 10-12 inches annually, which isn't a lot of water as water goes. Now mind you, we also have Yosemite and Kings Canyon National Parks within 2 hours driving distance, as well. Moreover, we are only 2-2 1/2 hours from the beaches on the Pacific Coast. So, living in the desert isn't such a bad thing. We basically have just about any kind of outdoor entertainment you could want within just a few hours. I used to drive up to Yosemite and ride my bike on Sunday afternoons, returning home for dinner. I mean . . . how good does it get?! aaaahh, more than you would ever want to know . . . .

This message was edited Nov 3, 2008 8:33 PM

This message was edited Nov 3, 2008 9:24 PM