Dahlias: Fall Dividing:You Find the Eyes, 1 by Poochella

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Poochella

In reply to: Fall Dividing:You Find the Eyes

Forum: Dahlias

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall Dividing:You Find the Eyes
Poochella wrote:
Ernie, if you brought me tomatoes like those, I'd give you a car! I cannot grow tomatoes here: I've given up trying and I miss the fresh flavor so much. Corn: you can have the other car or any dahlias of your choice.

Bernie- Happy Belated Birthday! You've turned those tubers into huge families in your sandy loam! If storage goes reasonably well for you, I will have more good cutters for you if you send me just one Show and Tell or two ;) Was supposed to get that one from a swap out here, but it was mislabelled. Let me know if that's a possibility. Glad you got Ripples to bloom before Christmas. I've been looking at mine in bloom since about last week and that does me no good.

Lala, look what I dug up today: stem tubers. Perfect example except for the photo. All the tuber development and root action was well below these three 'strays' who popped out of eye tissue higher up on the stem. I did not save them, as they didn't have glaring eyes when I divided. But you can see the bulging eyes on one tuber in the main clump.