Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Orchids then and now. The story of 13 orchids and counting.., 1 by goofybulb

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright goofybulb

In reply to: Orchids then and now. The story of 13 orchids and counting..

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Orchids then and now. The story of 13 orchids and counting..
goofybulb wrote:
Hello, Kathleen! It's good to know, as I've been in San Diego once (while I was living in Miami), and I remember it was quite a dry weather...
El Paso is colder than San Diego right now, but I still like the idea of them being outside, we'll see how they fare until springtime...

I'm trying now some Plumeria from seed. They are 10 days old, nothing "moving" on top, but I looked at the bottoms, and 8 out of 10 show a little root. Now I'm thinking I put them in too little soil.

I think Plumeria might be happier here, since they like dryness? But I'll have to overwinter trees, that'll be another challenge...

The vanilla has a story by herself... for it led me to the discovery of a beautiful orchid nursery. It is a special baby for me, and I hope sometimes it will flower, but probably less than growing in the ground and up the trees like her Mother-Vanilla or Dave's.

Happy Halloween!
Alexandra