Dahlias: Fall Dividing:You Find the Eyes, 1 by eweed

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright eweed

In reply to: Fall Dividing:You Find the Eyes

Forum: Dahlias

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall Dividing:You Find the Eyes
eweed wrote:
Annie your right about the stem eye being able to form a tuber but unless you are really hard up for tubers whats the point. But then whats the point to jump from a plane with perfectly good wings some times I just have to do some things just for me lol.

Another neat way to get more tubers from a single tuber is wake it up early and take cuttings and grow them on they will flower in the summer and you get several cuttings from the one tuber and then even plant the tuber when the weather gets right.But thats a different lesson just wondered if you do that.Thats the way the Dutch GH operations grow many of the tubers they sell in those packages of small tubers in a clump.If your interested I found a great tutiorial on it by a guy who knows his do do lol I will look for it for you.
Yeah Sept could be a good month. With the right timing I could bring you some of these unless you grow your own then maybe corn lol.This is Maria from MA harvesting from my gh she loved it.

Good job on this thread it will help rookies like the infamous dhalinut the Yukon queen from land of ice and snow who needs help to grow and know LOL.

Off to do something even if it's wrong. Ernie