Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Wildlife: Black Racer Snake, 1 by Floridian

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Floridian

In reply to: Black Racer Snake

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Black Racer Snake
Floridian wrote:
Iris, how exciting to see that! Too bad about not having your camera. My sister once asked me if I ever thought that gardening with my camera was a bit obsessive. LOL I told her yes but come look at this bug, if I didn't have it with me I wouldn't get the picture. It's awesome to get close and watch nature, even better to capture it on film for others to see too.
Ken as always your stories and pictures are marvelous. You have such a wonderful gift of words. Clear, cancise and wonderfully entertaining. I loved the poem,

"But I must confess how I liked him,
How glad I was he had come like a guest in quiet, to drink at my water-trough
And depart peaceful, pacified, and thankless,
Into the burning bowels of this earth?

Was it cowardice, that I dared not kill him?
Was it perversity, that I longed to talk to him?
Was it humility, to feel so honoured?
I felt so honoured."

Yesterday my MIL was here. She hates snakes for some reason. We had to clear some brush near where she parks her camper when she's here because there was a Black Racer that would come out and sun there. We were walking in the garden on the opposite side of the house and she was fretting about 'Mr Blackie' being out there. I assured her I'd not seen a snake out there at all. We turned to continue our walk and sure enough there was a snake. Could I help but laugh? No way! I must give her credit though, as soon as I lifted my camera she stayed still and let me get a couple of quick shots.
Here is my MIL's nightmare! LOL