Greenhouse: Hoop Bender, 1 by oldude

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright oldude

In reply to: Hoop Bender

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hoop Bender
oldude wrote:
Ok, I finally finished and this is my first day operating a greenhouse. Oh boy I am totally ignorant about this. I put all of my effort into building the thing and very little into actually operating it. I would really appreciate any help that you can give me. Ok. Here’s what happened today.
The day started out at 46 degrees with the door open and side curtains rolled up. At noon it’s 78 degrees ambient and the fan comes on at 90 degrees inside the greenhouse. The fan ran for a while (temps rising 95 degrees) then I realized that it’s sucking air directly from the sides with the curtains rolled up. Quit laughing!
I then rolled down the curtains and closed the door and the temperature is holding at 90 degrees with the outside temp at 79 degrees. I then remember this misting thing so I pressured up the old garden sprayer and started spraying inside the greenhouse. Duh, the fan quit running, (within seconds) for a while so this misting really does work! Not for long because 8 minutes later the fan is going again. Now it’s 4:15 PM, still 80 degrees ambient and the greenhouse temperature is stable @ 90 degrees and the fan is off.
My question is about misting. The greenhouse is 20’X20’ and 10’6” tall, so how many misters GPH do I need to maintain a 85 degree temperature with an ambient of 95 degrees.
Can I use a thermostat to turn on the misters when the inside temperature reaches 85-90 degrees? I have 60 pounds water pressure that runs through a water softener that I can further filter.
Oldude