Tropical Zone Gardening: NaNa's Jungle - The Hut , 1 by Texasgal77

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Texasgal77

Subject: NaNa's Jungle - The Hut

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of NaNa's Jungle - The Hut
Texasgal77 wrote:
There are many different parts of the garden that need some restoration after IKE, but my "hut" had to be No. 1 after the initial cleanup!

This is my third hut that DS has made for me in the past five years. It is my dearest reminder of the time my family and I spent in Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii in the sixties while my Dad was in the Marine Corps; that stay was the inspiration for my garden! Hopefully the design of this hut will outlast our Fall windstorms; another hurricane.....probably not!! However long it lasts it will be treasured!!! Now we just need to light the Tiki Torches and put on Brother IZ!

FYI: In the past the hut has doubled for a "makeshift" greenhouse as well by enclosing it with commercial grade clear plastic shower curtains. This year we are going to cover the swingset frame (as previously seen on DG) using the same type materials. If we can fill it up with everything that needs to be protected then I would like to leave the "hut" open. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Each day is a "new" day......

Parts of the garden, like the patio cover, and pond, will have to wait until Spring for their restoration. There is much to do so I will add pictures periodically.

And now...."My Hut"~~~~~~~~~Aloha!