Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #10, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #10

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  #10
77sunset wrote:
Good morning all. What a lovely lot of pics to come in and see. I love all those bugs. I really should get out there and try making a few. i'll have to look for some nice silver balls for bodies. Lesley, your noid is very pretty. You should get a few more, Ha ha . Just a few , like my' few'.
Sue that birdhouse is so cute, I want it , but here, the darn sparrows would use it. I have small houses around that I built, and the sparrows take them over. We really don't have any small bird here that would use them anyway. I did them for decoration. Yours is great. Something from the "The Munsters" .You don't live in Mocking Bird Lane do you ??? Ha ha.
Marleneanne, I hope you don't do what I did with my wishing well. I though making one would be a fun thing to do then plant with a small ivy. The small ivy has covered it now .The ivy looks okay but you can't see as much of the well.
I don't know how the Valerian would go up there but mine grows in all weathers. I can send you some seed of the red and the white if you want to try. I'll collect some when they go to seed later on. I started with one and let them seed everywhere, The plants are easily pulled out when small but put down large roots and turn into large plants when mature. mine seem to slow down and sit after seeding so I usually just cut them all back then.
Lesley , I take no blame for what you ladies add to your tea. I only drink green tea with no added sugar, milk or anything else . You shouldn't t have eaten that bit of that wine trifle I left in the fridge. . Can't have ladies falling around in the Tea Room.
One thing i don't have here , Lesley is snails. For some reason they don't climb the hill from town. There are lots down there and they can stay there too. I am going out for my daily review of the 'troops'. The Iris are all getting more buds, the roses are about to bloom and of course , I have to check on all the baby Angels.
Chrissy, the larger Suavolens that had the flower earlier this year , has about 8 buds and has grown so much, I had to pot it into a large pot yesterday. I will be moving the bigger ones outside to stay soon. I have to make room for the new crop. Better get something from the kitchen now for you all when you call in .
Strawberry Lemon Curd Trifle
Sorry but there is no wine trifle left, you will enjoy this one though.
Jean .