Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Pacific Northwest Gardening: What weird weather we're having #3, 1 by Soferdig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Soferdig

In reply to: What weird weather we're having #3

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What weird weather we're having #3
Soferdig wrote:
Good photos everyone (Except Tilly's lol) You all make me feel included with all of your rain stories. Though today I only had about 6" of water to bail out of the boat before crossing from the light house. Yesterday afternoon the sun came out and everyone was out in it to soak up some rays. Dogs everywhere on leash with owners taking in the glorious warmth. There is nowhere as beautiful as Sitka when the sun is out. Mountains hanging over the hamlet with fresh white snow building on the tops of the peaks.
Portland, I too love skiing and at 55 my hips are starting to ache, but I think more motion is better than none. Yes I still ski the trees and try to stay out of the tree holes. Once I was flipped upside down in a hole and it almost luxated my hip when I had one leg to pull myself out hanging in the branches above.
I am only a visitor here at the light house and it is not an active light house, only a special home for the tourists who visit Sitka. The owner is the person who I work for so I get priority to use it when I work for him as a veterinarian. I commute from it to work across the 2 miles of crossing to work as a vet in Sitka. Look up "Rockwell Light house" on google earth and you will see where it is in Sitka sound.
I have my kayak out here and paddle around the islands before I go into work. This is a collapsed sea cave on one of the Islands near the light house. Kind of fun to surf in and paddle out with the swell from the ocean.