Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Orchids then and now. The story of 13 orchids and counting.., 1 by goofybulb

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright goofybulb

In reply to: Orchids then and now. The story of 13 orchids and counting..

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Orchids then and now. The story of 13 orchids and counting..
goofybulb wrote:
I was afraid to place mine in more sun, and here I am definitely not going to; I have very little shade and part shade, and lots of full sun, but where the full sun is, there's also the desert "breeze" that is sooo dehydrating. I believe the flowers are fragrant, but they were too high for me to sniff!

I had to go and see those Metrosideros trees, that gave you your DG name! Very interesting and cheerful flowers, wonder how tall they can get, as there is very little info in PFs.

Since I scrolled for pics in my "visit to nursery" folder, and for our previous discussion about coffee, here's a pic of a coffee bush at the same place, never posted it before, as I don't think it's a high quality or very suggestive photo. I've never got there when it was in bloom :o(

I'm a sucker for fragrant flowers! I'm happy that my gardenia decided to enjoy El Paso, and I have a small Stephanotis grown from seed. Love their leaves too, so nice and green, and shiny! Plus Natal plum/Carissa macrocarpa grown from cuttings.
7(?) of my orchids are fragrant (if I count the Vanilla).
Freesias are my favorites of all times.
As I love to baby from seed, I purchased several other vines and flowers that are fragrant, lately with the drought-resistant feature in mind. And my first ever trying for Plumeria (still from seed).

Eh, I keep rambling! Waiting for pics...