Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles: A Chill Is In The Air, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles: A Chill Is In The Air

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles: A Chill Is In The Air
DreamOfSpring wrote:
I'm afraid things have been a bit 'boring' the past few days. Only Heidi and Blondie and their kits are showing up now. Every now and then Reba and her kits will sneak by after the other leave, and that's it. No sign of Cissy or Mink or Dennis or Fraidy or even Trouble.

The few who are there seem very focused on eating and lately seem mostly interested in cat food. For the past week or so they have walked past more treats than they have eaten. They seem to be eating with purpose now as if maybe they expect a colder winter or something. They also seem oddly on edge right now. They don't seem to be afraid of me but on edge about something in the forest - possibly on lookout for the ones who have been banned from the buffet, keeping a close eye and ear out to catch interlopers before they cross the fence.

The one bit of good news is that I seem to be cured of whatever ailed me. I say that because as of yesterday Heidi stopped rushing over to sniff me. Now everything is back to normal. I figure that means that for now at least I've been given a certificate of good health and released from Dr's care.

I'm glad that Heidi took care of the crowd, but I must say that I wish she had stopped short of removing all of my best 'pals'. Lately we are down to the ones who don't 'play' with me. Bummer.

Here is one of Blondie's kits climbing on the edge of the pool