Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #10, 1 by Awchid

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Awchid

In reply to: TEA ROOM #10

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  #10
Awchid wrote:
Gee do I need a cuppa, I had just walked all the way to the Tea Room and you had moved again, now I'm gasping and Jean has shot off to buy some more plants... Lucky thingy, lol Any way I do like that D/Lily you left behind Jean, tthe ones with the contrasting colours are so neat, I like them all though and it's so hard when you have to buy each one to decide which you like best. 2 of my $2 ones have buds but none of my named ones that I got at the farmers market, guess I will have to wait until next year.
I took a friend for a drive with me yesterday to see if I could find an accessible plant of those ones on the hill. I found only 1 and it was on the edge of the beach. Plenty up the hill though but too hard to get too. Any way it has a flower like cineraria and about as tall and a leaf like a small dandilion. I haven't a photo yet as I forgot my camera so picked 2 sprays of flowers and a leaf and sat them on the back seat. By the time I got home they were rather deflated and in need of rehydration. Today they have perked up a bit so wiil deal with them soon.
Chrissy that is the sort of pink and angel should be, it is so delicate, and what are the volours of your new ones expected to be? Lucky you, there seemed to be a good half a dozen. I have been heaping praise on mine as they seem to be doing rather well and sometimes a little praise goes a long way,:-)) It seems to work with yours as they are thriving. I had a look on trade me the other night just out of curiosity as I don't have a credit card,, for very good reasons ( like being a plantaholic with an I must have that mentality) and was quite surprised, there were only 2 adeniums on offer and 2 frangipani all at $20, not 1 brug. I don't think NZers are into them. I know Mum had a grove of 5 white ones at the end of her section years ago but we weren't allowed near them and the cuttings one of the nursery's here gave me and that place had been here a long time, it used to be the local council nursery. I don't know anyone else that grows them and I sure have been asking- and hoping. Perhaps I could start a new trend!! lol. Between my brugs and my adeniums my patience do runeth over, so to speak, If one would just flower I know I would be Almost satisfied.. We'll have to encourage Dalfyre to become hooked so
I have someone to share with over here or I will have to resort to smuggling, lol. Bouganvillia?? they make such a nice show. My mother-inlaw had a thornless red one that I tried to grow from cuttings so many times but with no luck. Mums had thorns and I had to prune it back for her too many times to ever want to grow it myself yet I always admire it in other gardens. Well 2 cuppas are more than enough for now and I have enjoyed the chat imensely. Bloomin cold outside today so am hibernating on the computor for a change. Have a nice day all and I will call back later.
Lesley